GHC HOUSING PARTNERS
15301 Ventura Blvd. Suite B-570
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
Ownership and investment division with internal equity fund that also provides
Specializes in the development of affordable housing, utilizing tax credits.
Non-profit organization that
bridges the gap for underprivileged, hardworking individuals, bringing their ambition of achievement
GHC INVESTMENT HOLDINGS IS THE OWNERSHIP AND INVESTMENT
DIVISION OF GHC HOUSING PARTNERS AND HAS BEEN FOCUSED ON
INVESTING IN AND OWNING AFFORDABLE HOUSING SINCE 1994.
as well as general partner interests in tax credit properties.
GHC has an internal private equity division,
which allows it to move quickly on large transactions with no financial contingencies and no outside approvals.
In addition to investments in affordable housing, the private equity division invests in other classes of real estate and joint ventures with other operators on a case-by-case basis.
“AS THE FORMER NATIONAL DIRECTOR OF AFFORDABLE HOUSING FOR FANNIE MAE, I WORKED ON MORE THAN 50 GHC HOUSING TRANSACTIONS DURING THE PAST 5 YEARS. GHC HOUSING IS ONE OF FANNIE MAE’S LARGEST AFFORDABLE HOUSING BORROWERS AND HAS AN EXCELLENT TRACK RECORD IN OPERATING SOME OF THE BEST AFFORDABLE HOUSING PROJECTS IN THE COUNTRY.”
Senior Vice President, PNC Real Estate
GHC focuses on acquiring, owning and managing affordable housing properties throughout the United States. With a long-term view and a focus on preservation, GHC has a particular specialty on acquiring and owning rental housing with project-based Section 8 contracts, low-income housing tax credits and affordability rent restrictions.
GHC has significant expertise in acquiring assets with high regulatory barriers, including Section 202 and 236 deals,
GHC DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIZES IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF AFFORDABLE HOUSING PROPERTIES USING TAX-EXEMPT BONDS AND LOW-INCOME HOUSING TAX CREDITS.
The development team is led by former executives of leading for-profit and non-profit development companies. Since 2003, the tax credit division has completed 28 projects at GHC, including the largest housing bond issuance in the history of the state of Ohio, generating over $100 million.
“I HAVE BEEN FINANCING PROJECTS FOR GHC AND GREGORY PERLMAN SINCE 2003 AND THEY ARE ONE OF OUR LARGEST AND MOST ACTIVE AFFORDABLE HOUSING BORROWERS. THEIR TRACK RECORD AND CREDIT IS UNPARALLELED IN THE INDUSTRY AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO A LONG CONTINUED RELATIONSHIP IN THE FUTURE.”
Senior Vice President, Wells Fargo Financing Group
Having completed more than 5,000 units in acquisition rehabilitation, with bonds and tax credits as sources of debt and equity, GHC Development is focused on creating the highest quality properties, utilizing top design and construction methods to create comfortable and high-quality living environments for residents.
GHC IS COMMITTED TO MAKING POSITIVE CHANGES
IN THE COMMUNITIES IN WHICH WE HAVE A PRESENCE.
• Along with GHC principals, individual property partnerships donate a portion of "their profit to ALL WAYS UP to help fund programs for our residents, the community "and local non-profit organizations.
• Enhanced property-level safety and standing within the community, creating a better connection with surrounding neighborhoods.
• Early intervention programs that help identify potential problems before they become crises.
• Allowing elderly residents to remain independent in their own apartments with a higher quality of life.
• Increased educational and professional opportunities designed to break the cycle of generational poverty.
The ALL WAYS UP Foundation, through its affiliation with the Perlman Foundation and GHC, provides low-income residents with programs and services to help them improve their lives. GHC also partners with outstanding organizations that are making a positive impact in their communities.
• The ALL WAYS UP Foundation provides direct grants to those in need, including scholarships, summer camps, down payment assistance and clothing.
• GHC Management employs 41 social service coordinators to oversee resident welfare, focusing on delivering expanded services to its residents.
SOCIAL SERVICE PROGRAMS AT PROPERTIES HAVE RESULTED IN
A NUMBER OF BENEFITS FOR RESIDENTS, INCLUDING:
“ATTENDING THE ALL WAYS UP SUMMIT WAS ONE OF THE BEST EXPERIENCES I HAVE EVER HAD. THE VALUABLE INFORMATION AND EXPERIENCE HAS HELPED PREPARE ME FOR COLLEGE AND TO BECOME A BRIGHT LEADER IN TODAY’S NATION.”
2013 Scholarship Recipient and
ALL WAYS UP Summit Participant